The Lares Trek is the perfect hike to Machu Picchu!
In addition to its incredible scenery, this trek gives you the opportunity to have the quiet seclusion of a tough Andes trail, but brings you to villages for camping and interaction with the local people. You will experience all seasons by hiking over snow-capped peaks into the rain forest with waterfalls and hot springs. Unlike the Inca Trail, you will have the opportunity to witness the traditions and customs of the Quechua culture.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
Day 1:CUSCO- HUARAN- CANCHACANCHA
- We will drive from Cusco to the head of the trail at Calca for breakfast.
- The first leg of the trek takes 4 hours until we get to lunch.
- After lunch, a 2 hour climb takes us to the campsite at Cancha Cancha for Andean Happy Hour and dinner.
Day 2: CANCHA CANCHA- QUISWARANY – LARES HOT SPRINGS
- After a delicious breakfast, we start the three-hour climb to Pachacute Mountain for stunning views.
- We will spend some time here before descending to the lunch spot near a beautiful lake.
- After lunch, we continue descending for 3 hours to the campsite at Lares Hot Springs.
- You will have the opportunity to enjoy any of the various pools in Lares before or after dinner.
Day 3: LARES HOT SPRINGS – ANKASMARKA - AGUAS CALIENTES
- After breakfast, we will say goodbye to the horsemen, chef, and porters.
- We will take the van for 1.5 hours to the final leg of your trek through the Ankasmarka Inca site.
- After a short downhill hike, we will take you to the Ollantaytambo train station for our ride to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- We will have dinner all together before sleeping at a hotel.
Day 4: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Today is the day you have been waiting for!
- We will get up early to take the bus to the entrance of Machu Picchu.
- After a 2 hour guided tour, you will have some time to explore the site on your own.
- When you are finished, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes for your train ride back to Ollantaytambo where your van will take you back to Cusco.
|For a more detailed itinerary, click here.|