The Lares Trek is the perfect alternative hike to Machu Picchu over the busy Inca Trail!
In addition to its incredible scenery, this trek gives you the opportunity to have the quiet seclusion of a tough Andes trail, but brings you to local villages for camping and interaction with local villages. You will experience all seasons while hiking over snow-capped peaks, to waterfalls and hot springs while witnessing the traditions and customs of the local Quechua culture.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
Day 1:CUSCO- HUARAN- CANCHACANCHA
- We will drive from Cusco to the head of the trail at Calca for breakfast.
- The first leg of the trek takes 4 hours until we get to lunch.
- After lunch, a 2 hour climb takes us to the campsite at Cancha Cancha for Andean Happy Hour and dinner.
Day 2: CANCHA CANCHA- QUISWARANY – CUNCANY
- After a delicious breakfast, we start the three-hour climb to Pachacute Mountain for stunning views.
- We will spend some time here before descending to the lunch spot near a beautiful lake.
- After lunch, we continue descending for 3 hours to the campsite at Cuncany.
Day 3: CUNCANY – LARES HOT SPRINGS – AGUAS CALIENTES
- After breakfast, you will descend for 3 hours to the Lares hot springs.
- You will have the opportunity to enjoy the medicinal pools until lunch.
- After lunch, we will take the van to the Ollantaytambo train station for our ride to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- We will have dinner all together before sleeping at a hotel.
Day 4: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Today is the day you have been waiting for!
- We will get up early to take the bus to the entrance of Machu Picchu.
- After a 2 hour guided tour, you will have some time to explore the site on your own.
- When you are finished, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes for your train ride back to Ollantaytambo where your van will take you back to Cusco.
|For a more detailed itinerary, click here.|