Duration: 2 Days/1 Night
Start/End Point: Cusco
Price: From $180 USD
THE ONE THAT DIVES DEEP INTO PERU’S ICONIC SITES – INCA RUINS & RAINBOW MOUNTAINS
Good times roll as you go deep into some of Peru’s ultimate spots on this 2 day adventure.
The whole trail to yourself to take in amazing views of the lakes, wildlife, and uncrowded Inca site of Waqrapukara.
You’ll spend one night camping to wake up and watch the sunrise over Rainbow Mountain.
2 Trekkers (Private): $300 USD per person
3+ Trekkers: $180 USD per person
✓ Transportation from end to end
✓ English speaking guide
✓ All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)
✓ Duffle bags for items to be carried by porters (up to 15lbs/7kilos per person).
✓ Clean water at every meal stop
✓ All entrance fees and permits
✓ Tents – 2 people/tent (single occupancy available for additional charge)
✓ Sleeping Mat
✓ Basic First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
Does not include:
X Gratuity for staff
X Accommodation in Cusco
X Travel insurance
X Walking sticks (available for rent for $12)
X Sleeping Bag (can be rented for $30)
DAY 1: CUSCO – WAQRAPUKARA
Your adventure awaits!
- We will pick you up from your hotel early in the morning for a GORGEOUS three hour drive to the first trail head.
- You’ll meet our staff and hike to the incredible site of Waqrapukara where you will have some lunch and enjoy the incredible views.
- You wont see any other tourist along the way beside your own group.
- We will continue on to the campsite where we will have dinner and enjoy the starry sky before a good night’s rest.
Walking distance: 6-7 hours / 8.50 miles
Max Altitude: 14,925 ft
Min Altitude : 11,155 ft
Weather: Windy and warm.
DAY 2: WAQRAPUKARA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
Hope you’re feeling refreshed!
- We’ll start the day off early to get to Rainbow Mountain before the crowds.
- When we’ve taken our selfies and are ready to go, we will take the off-the-beaten-path trail through the spectacular red valley for 2 hours and will be treated to stunning sights around every corner.
- After reaching our lunch spot and eating our amazing food, we will take a van back to Cusco and return you to your hotel.
Walking distance: 3 hours round trip
Max Altitude: 17,060 ft
Min Altitude: 14,300 ft
Considered: Challenging, but the view will make more enjoyable.
Weather: Cold morning, warm, windy.