Duration: 5 Days/4 Nights
Start/End Point: Cusco Airport
Price: From $1025 USD
Welcome to the exotic city of Cusco, Peru.
In this 5-day tour, you’ll embark on a journey to living culture and retrace the steps of the Incas. Cusco is the gateway to this fascinating ancient civilization.
Beginning in Cusco, journey through the fertile heartland of the Sacred Valley before kicking off on the Short Inca Trail to visit Machu Picchu twice.
✓ Transportation from end to end
✓ English speaking guide
✓ All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)
✓ 2 Nights Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Cusco
✓ 1 Night Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Ollantaytambo
✓ 1 Night Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes
✓ All entrance fees and permits
Does not include:
X Gratuity for staff
X Travel insurance
X Walking sticks (available for rent for $12)
2 Person (Private): $1200 USD per person
Groups of 3+: $1025 USD per person
DAY 1: WELCOME TO CUSCO + WALKING TOUR
- Welcome to Inca leaving culture city and get ready to live the best experience of your trip!
- Arrive morning or early-afternoon and we’ll be at the airport ready to take you back to your hotel. Unpack, relax, settle-in and the hotel.
- When you’re ready, your guide will take you on a walking tour of Cusco’s main attractions.
DAY 2: SACRED VALLEY + VISIT TO LOCAL COMMUNITY
- Today is all about getting outdoors, getting active, meeting locals and reconnecting with nature! We’ll head to the North of Cusco and do a few short walks while we explore the hotspots of the Sacred Valley – Maras Salt Mines and Moray.
- In the afternoon we’ll have lunch at the local community, interact with then and learn about their ancestral traditions. If you love to put your fingers to work, you can participate in the natural Wool-dyeing workshop and get some souvenirs for your trip and gifts for your friends before we continue on to our hotel in Ollantaytambo where we will have dinner.
- PLEASE NOTE: There are luggage restrictions on the train to Aguas Calientes so you will need to leave your large luggage in a secured storage room free of charge at your hotel in Cusco. You will only be able to take a small backpack or overnight bag with you for the next 2 nights.
DAY 3: SHORT INCA TRAIL HIKE TO MACHU PICCHU
- We will pick you up from your hotel early to take you to the Ollantaytambo train station. After one hour and ten minutes on the train, we will reach kilometer 104 – the start of the Inca trail.
- From here, we will visit the site of Chachabamba and then walk four hours to Wiñay Wayna (Forever Young) where we will have a boxed lunch.
- We will continue for two more hours to Inti Punku, The Sun gate, where we will get our first view of Machu Picchu.
- After spending some time there, we will take the shuttle to Aguas Calientes where you will check into your hotel. At night, we will meet and have dinner together.
Walking distance: 6 1/2 miles (14 KM)
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- After breakfast at your hotel, we will return to Machu Picchu for a two-hour guided tour of the most important sites in the city.
- If you purchased a ticket in advance to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, you will complete those hikes at this time (tickets to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain are NOT included and must be purchased separately).
- At the designated time, you will take the shuttle back to Aguas Calientes for the train ride back to Ollantaytambo. A private van will take you back to your hotel in Cuscso.
DAY 5: HASTA LUEGO AMIGOS!
- Depending on your flight schedule, we drop you off at the Cusco Airport 2.5 hours before your departure time.