This condensed version of the Classic Inca Trail hike is perfect for those who are big on adventure, but a little short on time or may not want all the fuss of sleeping in a tent. This tour will take you on a one-day hike from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu with a few stops at some other incredible Inca sites along the way.
- Travel on the Inca Trail is very popular and needs to be reserved several months in advance.
- Government regulations require a copy of a full passport and full payment before tickets can be issued.
- There is no guarantee of availability, even for this shortened version.
- Trail Permit
- Professional guide
- Meals on hike
- Basic First Aid kit-oxygen bottle
- Accommodations in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fees
- Lunch & Dinner on Day Two
- Walking Sticks
- Hotel in Cusco
- Optional Huayna Picchu climb (+$65)
Your hotel in Cusco or Ollantaytambo
Day 1: OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104- AGUAS CALIENTES
- After breakfast, we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station to take the train to KM104.
- We will visit an Inca site before hiking for 4 hours to lunch at Wiñay Wayna.
- After lunch, we will continue for 2 more hours to the Sun Gate where you will have your first view of Machu Picchu.
- After spending some time there, you will take the shuttle to Aguas Calientes where you will have dinner and sleep in a comfy hotel.
Day 2: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- Today is the highlight of your trek! You will have a 2 hour guided tour of the citadel with your guide before having time to explore on your own or climb Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- After your free time, you will take the shuttle back to Aguas Calientes before catching the train back to Ollantaytambo and your van to Cusco.
For a detailed itinerary, click here.
2 Trekkers (Private): $700 USD per person
3+ Trekkers: $500 USD per person
Only your $200 non-refundable deposit is due today to reserve your space! A confirmation and details about completing your final payment will be sent to you within 24 hours of your deposit.
Huayna Picchu Mountain Hike: +$60
Machu Picchu Mountain HIke: + $60
Vistadome Train Upgrade: +$75
Walking Stick Rental: +$12