Get the best of both worlds with an off-the-beaten-path trek combined with the end of the famous Inca Trail. A trek fit for a true adventurer!
A perfect combination of our standard Lares Trek and our Short Inca Trail Trek, this five day package allows you to experience a challenging mountain trail and a piece of the classic Inca Trail with only two nights of camping. This trek will bring you over snow-capped peaks, to waterfalls, and hot springs while witnessing the traditions and customs of the local Quechua culture. This is an opportunity for a truly unique and intimate look at the Andean way of life that should not be missed if you have the time.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
Day 1: CUSCO- HUARAN- CANCHACANCHA
- We will drive from Cusco to the head of the trail at Calca for breakfast.
- The first leg of the trek takes 4 hours until we get to lunch.
- After lunch, a 2 hour climb takes us to the campsite at Cancha Cancha for Andean Happy Hour and dinner.
Day 2: CANCHA CANCHA- QUISWARANY – CUNCANY
- After a delicious breakfast, we start the three-hour climb to Pachacute Mountain for stunning views.
- We will spend some time here before descending to the lunch spot near a beautiful lake.
- After lunch, we continue descending for 3 hours to the campsite at Cuncany.
Day 3: CUNCANY – LARES HOT SPRINGS – OLLANTAYTAMBO
- After breakfast, you will descend for 3 hours to the Lares hot springs.
- You will have the opportunity to enjoy the medicinal pools until lunch.
- After lunch, we will take the van to the town of Ollantaytambo where we will have dinner and sleep in a hotel for the evening.
Day 4: OLLANTAYTAMBO - KM 104- AGUAS CALIENTES
- After breakfast, we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station to take the train to KM104.
- We will visit an Inca site before hiking for 4 hours to lunch at Wiñay Wayna.
- After luch, we will continue for 2 more hours to the Sun Gate where you will have your first view of Machu Picchu.
- After spending some time there, you will take the shuttle to Aguas Calientes where you will have dinner and sleep in a comfy hotel.
Day 5: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Today is the highlight of your trek! You will have a 2 hour guided tour of the citadel with your guide before having time to explore on your own or climb Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- After your free time, you will take the shuttle back to Aguas Calientes before catching the train back to Ollantaytambo and your van to Cusco.
|For a more detailed itinerary, click here.|