With very few tourists, the Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the best kept secrets in alternative trekking options.
This challenging trek is designed for those who wish to see and experience different ecosystems with a wide variety of birds, flowers, and plants and for those wishing to experience the ancient culture in remote, small villages, hardly ever seen or visited by foreigners.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
Day 1: CUSCO- SOQMA
- We will pick you up from your hotel and drive to the village of Soqma and begin a steady, uphill climb.
- Halfway up the mountain, we will stop for lunch before continuing on -passing waterfalls and the Inca site, Perolniyoc, on the way.
- After enjoying the Inca site, we will walk for 30 more minutes to our campsite for dinner.
Day 2: SOQMA – INCA QUARRY
The top is just around the NEXT corner!
- After a delicious breakfast, we continue climbing for 3 hours until we reach the Soqma mountain summit. From the summit, we will walk 15 more minutes to stop for lunch and a little rest.
- From lunch, we will continue walking 2 hours along the mountain crest before we begin descending for 30 minutes on rocky switchbacks to the second summit.
- After a little rest, we will continue on an easy path for 2 hours to our campsite in the Inca rock quarry.
Day 3: INCA QUARRY – AGUAS CALIENTES
- After breakfast, we will descend for 3-4 hours to the town of Ollantaytambo.
- We will have lunch in town before catching our train to Aguas Calientes.
- Tonight we will enjoy dinner together at a restaurant before sleeping in our nice, comfy hotel beds.
Day 4: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- We will get up early to take the bus to the entrance of Machu Picchu.
- After a 2 hour guided tour, you will have some time to explore the site on your own.
- When you are finished, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes for your train ride to Ollantaytambo where our van will be waiting to take you back to Cusco.
|For a more detailed itinerary, click here.|