Are you ready to join an exclusive club?
Choquequirao – Machu Picchu’s big sister – is waiting for you! Very few people on Earth have made the journey to this incredible place. There are no trains or buses here so you have to travel by foot.
This trek is a one-of-a-kind experience that weaves through the spectacular Apurimac Canyon to the untouched ruins of Choquequirao. You are rewarded with incredible views the whole way as it travels through an immense range of landscapes including snowy mountain passes, sub-tropical rain forest, and deep river gorges. Come and join us on this road less traveled.
|START/END LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
|Private, English speaking guide||All entrance fees and permits|
|All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)||Tents – 2 people/tent (single occupancy available for additional charge.)|
|Duffel bags for items to be carried by porters (up to 15lbs/7kilos per person).||Sleeping Mat|
|All transportation from end to end||Basic First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle|
|Walking sticks (available for rent $12)||Travel Insurance|
|Lunch and Dinner – Day 4||Gratuity|
|Alcoholic Beverages of any kind||Sleeping Bag (can be rented for $30)|
This is a full-service trek where you only carry a day pack. All gear, food, and tents are carried by porters and pack animals.
Day 1: CUSCO – SANTA ROSA
- We will drive from Cusco to the head of the trail at Cachora for breakfast.
- The first leg of the trek takes 4 hours until we get to Chiquisqa for lunch.
- After lunch, a 2 hour climb takes us to the campsite at Santa Rosa for Andean Happy Hour and dinner.
Day 2: SANTA ROSA - CHOQUEQUIRAO
- After a delicious breakfast, we start the three-hour hike to Marampata.
- We will spend an hour in Marampata enjoying lunch and taking in the spectacular views.
- After lunch, we continue on to Choquequirao where we will spend the afternoon exploring the ruins until it is time for dinner.
- We will watch the sunset there and cross our fingers for a chance to see condors.
Day 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO - CHIQUISKA
- After breakfast, you will begin your guided tour of the ruins where you will see the highlights
- After your tour, you will begin the trek back along the edge of the Apurimac canyon, descending back to our final campsite in Chiquiska.
Day 4: CHIQUISKA - CUSCO
- Today, is the final stretch of the trek as we make our way back to Cachora.
- We will descend into the canyon before beginning a 4 hour switch-back hike to lunch in Capuliyoc.
- After lunch, we will finish the trail and catch our van back to Cusco for hot showers and comfy beds.
|For a more detailed itinerary, click here.|