An alternative to the classic Salkantay Trek that will get you way off the beaten path and on to a portion of the classic Inca Trail. You’ll see it all on this trek – from snow-capped peaks to the rainforest – and you’ll have the place to yourself!
This trail starts off similar to the Salkantay trek with a visit to the famous Humantay Lake and passing the Salkantay glacier, but the similarities end after day one. Taking the footpath only traveled by local ranchers, you’ll experience a part of the Peruvian Andes that few others have ever seen – and the views do not disappoint!
*This is a full-service trek. A duffel bag will be provided prior to hiking for your personal items and our staff will transport the bag and all other equipment (tents, food, cooking supplies) from campsite to campsite. All you will need to carry is your day pack.*
- Transportation from end to end
- Private, English speaking guide
- All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)
- Duffel bags for items to be carried by porters (up to 15lbs/7kilos per person).
- Clean water at every meal stop
- Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- All entrance fees and permits
- Tents – 2 people/tent (single occupancy available for additional charge.)
- Sleeping Mat
- Basic First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Walking sticks (available for rent)
- Lunch and Dinner – Day 5
- Alcoholic Beverages of any kind
- Breakfast – Day one
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climb (can be reserved in advance available for additional fee of $30 per person)
- Sleeping Bag (can be rented for $30)
- Travel Insurance
Your hotel in Cusco