Just you and the trail. Winding your way up and down the Andes through snow and rainforest. It’s not easy, but don’t worry! You got this!
Connecting the city of Cusco to Machu Picchu, the Salkantay (Savage) trek is an ancient and remote footpath where massive snowcapped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests.
This trek is designed for people who enjoy the outdoors and physical challenge of hiking over high passes with unparalleled visual rewards. One of our best and most rigorous treks!
This is a full-service trek where you only carry a day pack. All gear, food, and tents are carried by porters and pack animals.
- Transportation from end to end
- Private, English speaking guide
- All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)
- Duffel bags for items to be carried by porters (up to 15lbs/7kilos per person).
- Clean water at every meal stop
- Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- All entrance fees and permits
- Tents – 2 people/tent (single occupancy available for additional charge.)
- Sleeping Mat
- Basic First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Walking sticks (available for rent)
- Lunch and Dinner – Day 5
- Alcoholic Beverages of any kind
- Breakfast – Day one
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climb (can be reserved in advance available for additional fee of $30 per person)
- Sleeping Bag (can be rented for $30)
- Travel Insurance
Your hotel in Cusco