Just you and the trail. Winding your way up and down the Andes through snow and rainforest. It’s not easy, but don’t worry! You got this!
Connecting the city of Cusco to Machu Picchu, the Salkantay (Savage) trek is an ancient and remote footpath where massive snowcapped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests.
This trek is designed for people who enjoy the outdoors and physical challenge of hiking over high passes with unparalleled visual rewards. One of our best and most rigorous treks!
*This is a full-service trek. A duffel bag will be provided prior to hiking for your personal items and our staff will transport the bag and all other equipment (tents, food, cooking supplies) from campsite to campsite. All you will need to carry is your day pack.*
Want to join a group? We’re building small groups (10 people or less) at a discounted rate for the following departure dates:
March 20-24, 2023
April 20-24, 2023
May 20-24, 2023
June 20-24, 2023
July 20-24, 2023
August 20-24, 2023
If you are interested in joining any of those groups, you can Book Here!
If those dates do not work for you, please use the calendar feature above to select your desired date and book. Or send us an email to email@example.com to chat.
- Transportation from end to end
- Private, English speaking guide
- All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)
- Duffel bags for items to be carried by porters (up to 15lbs/7kilos per person).
- Clean water at every meal stop
- Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- All entrance fees and permits
- Tents – 2 people/tent (single occupancy available for additional charge.)
- Sleeping Mat
- Basic First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Walking sticks (available for rent)
- Lunch and Dinner – Day 5
- Alcoholic Beverages of any kind
- Breakfast – Day one
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climb (can be reserved in advance available for additional fee of $30 per person)
- Sleeping Bag (can be rented for $30)
- Travel Insurance
Your hotel in Cusco