PERÚ EXPERIENCE -
This full-service itinerary includes the biggest destinations in Peru and then some! We start in Lima with a visit to the capital before heading south to the Huacachina Oasis for wine tasting and sandboarding. From there, you will travel to Cusco for a tour of the Inca Empire and the incredible Sacred Valley – including Machu Picchu. Finally you will end this adventure with a visit to Lake Titicaca for a boat tour of the highest lake in the world. We take care of every detail so all you have to do is ENJOY!
Today we will pick you up from your hotel to explore the highlights in Lima. We will see:
- The Plaza Mayor and the changing of the guard at the Presidential Palace
- Waka Pucllana historical Inca site;
- Tour of the catacombs of San Francisco Convent;
- Archaeological Museum Larco;
- The Gold of Peru Museum;
After exploring the down town, we will get dinner and finish our day at the Magic Water Circuit before heading back to your hotel.
LIMA – ICA
- We will pick you up at 5am from your hotel in Lima. Around 10am we will arrive in the town of Ica and begin our winery tour.
- We will take you to 4 wineries for tastings of both wine and pisco and lunch.
- After the last tasting, we will continue on to Huacachina – a small oasis in the middle of the desert. Here we will take a dune buggy tour, attempt to sandboard, and watch the sunset over the desert for a unique experience of a lifetime.
- We will have dinner in Ica and stay overnight.
ICA – PARACAS – LIMA
- After breakfast, we will head out to the beaches of Paracas where you will have a chance to walk around and visit with the local animals.
- A traditional lunch will be provided before we head back to Lima.
LIMA – CUSCO
- Today you will fly to Cusco. We will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel.
- Once you have checked in and had some time to rest, we will pick you up from your hotel and start with a walking tour of the local market, San Pedro, to experience the daily life of the local people.
- Next, we will walk around Cusco’s city center where we will visit the Main Plaza and the Cathedral of Cusco before arriving at Q’oricancha.
- You can spend as much time as you like here. You will have the option to walk with us back to your hotel or you can have dinner on your own in the main plaza and return to your hotel.
SACRED VALLEY- CHINCHEROS- MORAY -SALT MINES -OLLANTAYTAMBO
- Today we explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will travel in the opposite direction of a typical tour in order to avoid tuns of tourists. We will start by visiting Chincheros (weaving community), then Moray & Maras salt mines.
- Along the way, we will stop for a Pachamanca lunch – a traditional Peruvian meal cooked by hot stones in a natural, underground oven. We will also make a stop at a chicheria to learn the process of making Inca BEER.
- Our tour will end with a visit to Ollantaytambo. This still-thriving Inca village sits below an ancient Inca fortress and temple with stunning views over the valley.
- We will sleep sleep in Ollanntaytambo.
PATACANCHA- PUMAMARCA- AGUAS CALIENTES
- After breakfast at your hotel, we will head out to Patacancha – a weaving community where we will talk to the locals and explore the large market.
- From there, we will stop at the Inca site of Pumamarca before having lunch. After lunch, we will make a few more stops on our way to Ollantaytambo.
- In the afternoon, we will take our train to Aguas Calientes at the base of Machu Picchu. You will have time to explore on your own before dinner. We will eat dinner together this night and prepare for the next day’s visit to Machu Picchu.
MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- Today is the big day! We will wake up early to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu.
- Enjoy a guided tour and prepare to be awed by the imposing and skillful architecture.
- After your guided tour, you will have the option to explore on your own or walk to the Inca Bridge, Sun Gate, or hike the famous Huayna Picchu Mountain (requires advanced ticket purchase – $30).
- When you are ready, head back down by bus to Aguas Calientes to meet up with your guide. Take the scenic train back to Ollantaytambo to meet the van for the ride back to Cusco.
CUSCO – LAKE TITICACA
- Your expedition begins with a morning flight (or train*) to Juliaca. Our team will pick you up from the airport for the 2 hour drive to Puno – the town on Lake Titicaca. Along your drive, we will stop at Sillustany – an Inca site for you to explore while stretching your legs.
- Once we arrive in Puno, we will check into your hotel. Dinner will be on your own.
- *NOTE: The train only leaves on certain days. If you would like to take the train, we will need to plan the rest of the itinerary accordingly.
UROS ISLAND – TAQUILE ISLAND
- After breakfast, we will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the dock for a full day on the water.
- We will begin the boat tour with a visit to the floating islands of Uros. After chatting with the locals, we will get back on the boat and head to the island of Taquile for a traditional lunch.
- After lunch, we will do a walking tour of the island and explore at your leisure before boarding the boat back to Puno.
- We will drop you off at your hotel and dinner will be on your own.
On this day, we say “hasta luego!” to our new friends and take you back to the Juliaca airport for your flight to Lima for your flight home.
- Pick ups from the airports
- Private transportation
- Domestic Airfare (Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Puno, Puno to Lima)
- Private, English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Drop offs at all airports
- All meals as specified in the itinerary (dietary preferences honored with proper notice)
- Hotel accommodations at a 3-Star hotel
- Round-trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Flight from Cusco to Puno (can be upgraded to a train ticket for $50 more)
- Basic First Aid equipment
- Some dinners as specified in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Optional Huayna Picchu Climb (can be purchased IN ADVANCE for an additional fee)
PRICE (per person):
Optional Huayna Picchu Climb available: +$30
Optional upgrade to train transportation from Cusco to Lake Titicaca (*departure dates subject to availability. Itinerary dates may need to be adjusted): +$50