Duration: 11 Days/ 10 Nights
Start/End Point: Cusco Airport
Price: From $1600 USD
The Lares Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the most iconic off-the-beaten-path treks in the Sacred Valley.
This five day trek package allows you to experience a challenging mountain trail and a piece of the classic Inca Trail with only two nights of camping. You’ll be treated to views of snow-capped peaks, waterfalls, and hot springs while witnessing the traditions and customs of the local Quechua culture. This is an opportunity for a truly unique and intimate look at the Andean way of life that should not be missed if you have the time.
Before you’re trek, we’ll show you some of Cusco’s most epic locations and take care of all the details along the way.
Full service from end to end! Just get yourself to Cusco and we’ll take care of the rest.
✓ Transportation from end to end
✓ English speaking guide
✓ All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)
✓ 6 Nights Double Occupancy Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Cusco
✓ 1 Night Double Occupancy Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Ollantaytambo
✓ 1 Night Double Occupancy Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes
✓ Double-occupancy tent and sleeping mat
✓ All entrance fees and permits
✓ Purified water on the trail
✓A duffle bag for up to 7kg/15lbs of personal items to be carried for you while you’re on the trail.
Does not include:
X Gratuity for staff
X Travel insurance
X Walking sticks (available for rent for $12)
X Sleeping Bag Rental (available for $30 USD)
X Single Tent Supplement ($25 USD)
Groups of 3+: $1600 USD per person (based on double occupancy. Add $225 if solo accommodation needed)*
Private Package (2 people): $2000 USD per person
DAY 1: ARRIVE IN CUSCO
- We’ll pick you up from the Cusco airport and take you to your hotel to drop off luggage and relax.
- In the evening, we will have a welcome dinner at a restaurant near the main plaza.
DAY 2: CUSCO & 4 INCA RUINS
- Today is the day for exploring the capital of the Inca empire!
- We’ll start with a morning walking tour of the major highlights of the city including the main plaza and San Pedro Market.
- After lunch together, we will head up to the top of the mountain where we will show you the 4 big Inca Ruins that surround the city – Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay, and Puka Pukara.
DAY 3: RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR
- We’ll pick you up early to take you to one of southern Cusco’s hidden gems – Rainbow Mountain.
- You will have a 3 hour ride each way with breakfast and lunch include around your 4-hour hike.
- We will return you to your hotel in Cusco where dinner will be on your own.
DAY 4: SACRED VALLEY TOUR
- We’ll pick you up from your hotel bright and early to explore the Sacred Valley.
- Today you will see some truly unique places including the pre-Inca Maras Salt pools and the Moray Inca Laboratory with a stop in a local community for lunch along the way.
- We will return to Cusco at night to get ready for the big hiking days to come.
DAYS 5-9: Lares Trek to Machu Picchu
- We will pick you up early from your hotel to get to the trailhead around sunrise.
- On this hike, you will camp for 2 nights while hiking over 2 big mountain passes on the way to Ollantaytambo.
- You’ll sleep at a hotel in town before taking a train to km104 where you’ll hike the last leg of the classic Inca Trail into Machu Picchu.
- You will sleep in Aguas Calientes one night before returning to Machu Picchu the next morning for the 2nd time.
- All large luggage can be stored in a secure room at your hotel in Cusco at no additional charge. All you will need to take on the trek will be your duffle bag and day pack.
Day 10: Free Day in Cusco + Evening Cooking Class
- Sleep in and get some much needed relaxation before enjoying the city of Cusco on your own. Breakfast is provided at the hotel at your leisure.
- At 4pm, we’ll pick you up from the hotel to take you to a cooking class at a local restaurant. They will teach you how to cook a few traditional dishes and drinks that you will get to enjoy as your “goodbye” dinner.
Day 11: Hasta Luego!
- We will pick you up 2.5 hours in advance of your flight departure time to take you back to the airport.