Apurimac Canyon -
As the third deepest canyon in the world, the Apurimac Canyon will provide an unforgettable full-day journey through the Andes to one of the most amazing Andean Condor nests in South America. This moderately challenging hike cannot be missed if you have an extra day to explore the villages surrounding Cusco.
- We will pick you up from your hotel early and drive for 45 minutes to our first stop at Quillarumiyoc (the Inca Moon Stone).
- After exploring this site and its series of water channels, we will take our car for another 45 minutes to the village of Chonta (3446m/11305ft) high in the hills.
- After greeting some locals, we will start our 2-hour walk to the three Condor overlooks (3303m/10836ft). We will take in the amazing scenery and enjoy a boxed lunch while we wait for the Condors to emerge from their nest and display their three meter (six foot) wingspans.
- After enjoying the condors and taking a thousand photos, we will begin our two hour walk back to Chonta where our car will be waiting to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
- Pick up from hotel in Cusco
- Private transportation
- Private English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Boxed Lunch
- Drop off at your hotel in Cusco
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Tips (to see our guide for tipping, please go here)
- Walking Sticks (can be rented for a fee)
- Travel insurance
Walking time: 4 hours (more or less depending on how much time you spend walking around the Moon Stone.)
Elevation: Chonta: 3446m/11305ft Condor Overlooks: 3303m/10836ft
Weather: Chilly early; warm while walking midday; can be windy. Weather is unpredictable in Cusco. Please bring rain gear just in case.