Want to camp in one of the most spectacular mountain ranges in the world?
This fantastic trek enables you to hike from Cusco all the way across to the Sacred Valley. On this route, you will find mountain views, little-known archaeological sites and high terraces that make this trail one of the real gems of the Cusco area. The Huchuy Qosco trek is perfect for those with a short time frame or who are looking for an “easier” trekking route.
|START/END LOCATION||Your hotel in Cusco|
|Private, English speaking guide||All entrance fees and permits|
|All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)||Tents – 2 people/tent (single occupancy available for additional charge.)|
|Duffel bags for items to be carried by porters (up to 15lbs/7kilos per person).||Sleeping Mat|
|All transportation from end to end||Basic First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle|
|Walking sticks (available for rent $12)||Travel Insurance|
|Lunch and Dinner – Day 3||Gratuity|
|Alcoholic Beverages of any kind||Sleeping Bag (can be rented for $30)|
This is a full-service trek where you only carry a day pack. All gear, food, and tents are carried by porters and pack animals.
Day 1: CUSCO – HUCHUY QOSQO
- We will drive from Cusco to the ruins of Tambo Machay where we will start a 4 hour climb to our lunch spot.
- After lunch, we will hike for another 4 hours on a mostly level path to the small community of Pucamarca where we will have dinner and camp for the night.
Day 2: HUCHUY QOSQO - AGUAS CALIENTES
- After a delicious breakfast, we start start descending into the canyon until we emerge high above the famous Sacred Valley at the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- We will spend plenty of time exploring the ruins at your leisure before we begin our descent to the town of Lamay where we will have lunch.
- We will take a van to the Ollantaytambo fortress where we will catch a train to the town of Aguas Calientes at the base of Machu Picchu.
- We will sleep in a hotel for the night.
Day 3: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- After breakfast, you will take the bus to Machu Picchu where your guide will provide a 2 hour walking tour of the citadel.
- After your tour, you will have some time to explore on your own or climb Huayna Picchu Mountain (tickets must be purchased in advance).
- When you are finished exploring, you will take the bus back to town for your train ride back to Cusco.
|For a more detailed itinerary, click here.|