Glaciers, Rainbow Mountains, Lakes, & Alpacas! This trek has it all!
The Ausangate (Rainbow Mountain) Trek, without a doubt, offers some of the most wonderful scenery in the Cusco area. It is an amazing option for those looking for a challenging, high-altitude hike that includes three passes over 5000m/16000ft. Along the way, you will find unique wildlife and get close to the glacier of Ausangate, sitting comfortably at 6380m/20,926ft. Trekking this Rainbow Mountain hike will take you back in time to a place where the locals still wear traditional ponchos and hats and reward you with quiet, uncrowded trails, spectacular glacial lakes, stunning snow-capped peaks, and the unusual streaked landscapes of the Rainbow Mountains of Vinicuna.
This trek does not include entrance to Machu Picchu. However, as with all Hikes offered by First Step Expeditions, additional tours of Cusco and/or Machu Picchu can be added to create a unique and customized adventure.
- Transportation from end to end
- Private, English speaking guide
- All meals as listed (can accommodate dietary restrictions with proper notice)
- Duffel bags for items to be carried by porters (up to 15lbs/7kilos per person).
- Clean water at every meal stop
- Tents – 2 people/tent (single occupancy available for additional charge.)
- All entrance fees and permits
- Sleeping Mat
- Basic First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Walking sticks (available for rent)
- Dinner – Day 4
- Alcoholic Beverages of any kind
- Breakfast – Day one
- Travel Insurance
- Sleeping Bag (can be rented for $30)
Your hotel in Cusco