"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved, it is a reality to be experienced".
For the most authentic experience, we recommend a home stay on the island of Taquile with one of the local families. This 2 day itinerary would include:
DAY 1: Boat Tour of Lake Titicaca + Home Stay on Taquile Island
- We would pick you up from your hotel in Puno and to take you to the docks in Puno. You will board a motor boat to one of the legendary Uros Islands where you can observe the lives of the Uros people who live on floating reed islands.
- Then you continue across the lake for 3 hours to arrive at Taquile island where you will have a traditional lunch cooked by a local family.
- After some free time in the afternoon, your guide will take you for a hike to the highest point of the island.
- After your hike, you will meet a local family who will host you for the evening with dinner and accommodation.
DAY 2 : Taquile – Amantani – Puno
- After breakfast with your host family, you will go back to the dock at Taquile to meet your guide and head to the island of Amantani.
- After exploring the island, you will have a lunch prepared by a local family before boarding the boat and heading back to Puno where we will return you to your hotel