BEST OF CUSCO -
This full-service itinerary includes tours of Cusco and the Sacred valley before heading out on a 5 day journey to Machu Picchu. This 8 day package will allow you to explore the country’s history, its stunning scenery, and the impressive Inca and colonial legacy. We take care of every detail so all you need to do is fly to Cusco.
Welcome to Cusco – the capital of the Inca Empire.
- Your adventure begins at Cusco airport where we will meet you and take you to your hotel.
- After check-in you’ll have a chance to rest before heading out for a quick walking tour with your guide to get a feel for the city.
- Dinner will be on your own and you will have plenty of time to rest before tomorrow’s adventure.
SACRED VALLEY- CHINCHEROS- MORAY -SALT MINES -OLLANTAYTAMBO
- Today we explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will travel in the opposite direction of a typical tour in order to avoid tons of tourists.
- We will start by visiting Chincheros (weaving community), then Moray & Maras salt mines.
- Along the way, we will stop for lunch in a local restaurant where we will eat traditional foods. We will also make a stop at a chicheria to learn the process of making Inca BEER.
- Our tour will end with a visit to Ollantaytambo. This still-thriving Inca village sits below an ancient Inca fortress and temple with stunning views over the valley.
- We will go back to Cusco for the night to get ready for our next challenging days on the trail.
Depending on the travel arrangements you made before the trip, during the next 5 days you’ll be doing one of the following expeditions: 5D Inca Trail, Lares Trek + Short Inca Trail, or Salkantay.
While you are away from Cusco, your luggage will be stored at your hotel until you return from your expedition.
If you’re hiking one of these treks, the evening before you leave Cusco you’ll receive a small duffle bag to carry your clothes in for the next 5 days (7 kg/15lb maximum). Please only travel with the necessary items during the expedition.
Our team will carry these bags for you, together with the food and equipment. Please note that you won’t have access to these items until the end of each day, as the team will always be ahead of the group.
Over these next 5 days, you will be completing one of the following treks:
At the end of the 5th day, we will return to the hotel in Cusco for a well deserved rest.
On this day, we say “hasta luego!” to our new friends and take you back to the Cusco airport for your flight home.
- Pick up from the airport
- Private transportation
- Private, English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Drop off at Cusco airport
- All meals as specified in the itinerary (dietary preferences honored with proper notice)
- Hotel accommodations at a 3-Star hotel (double occupancy)
- Round-trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Tent (Double occupancy. Single occupancy available for additional charge)
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping mat
- Walking Sticks
- Duffel bags to be carried by porters (up to 15pounds/7kilos per person)
- Clean water at every meal stop
- Basic First Aid equipment
- Some meals as specified in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Optional Huayna Picchu Climb (can be purchased IN ADVANCE for an additional fee. For Inca Trail treks: +$65 For Salkantay: +$30)