This full-service itinerary includes the biggest destinations in Peru and then some! We start in Lima with a visit to the capital before heading south to the Huacachina Oasis for wine tasting and sandboarding. From there, you will travel to Cusco for a tour of the Inca Empire and the incredible Sacred Valley – including Machu Picchu. We’ll go off the beaten path to show you Peru’s rich culture and sample Pachamanca and Chicha. Finally you will end this adventure with a visit to Lake Titicaca for a boat tour of the highest lake in the world. This tour includes visits to the 2 larges islands in the lake. We take care of every detail so all you have to do is get yourself to Lima.
- When you arrive, we will take you to your hotel where you will be on your own to explore or relax.
- We do not plan much for this day due to travel fatigue or delays.
- Dinner will be on your own before getting a good night’s rest before our adventure begins in the morning!
Day 2: LIMA – ICA
- We will pick you up at 5am from your hotel in Lima. Around 10am we will arrive in the town of Ica and begin our winery tour.
- We will take you to 4 wineries for tastings of both wine and pisco and lunch.
- After the last tasting, we will continue on to Huacachina – a small oasis in the middle of the desert. Here we will take a dune buggy tour, attempt to sandboard, and watch the sunset over the desert for a unique experience of a lifetime.
- We will have dinner in Ica and stay overnight.
Day 3: ICA – PARACAS – LIMA
- After breakfast, we will head out to the beaches of Paracas where you will have a chance to walk around and visit with sea lions.
- A traditional lunch will be provided before we head back to Lima. We will get dinner and finish our day at the Magic Water Circuit before heading back to your hotel for some rest.
LIMA – CUSCO
- Today you will fly to Cusco. We will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel.
- Once you have checked in and had some time to rest, we will pick you up from your hotel and start with a walking tour of the local market, San Pedro, to experience the daily life of the local people.
- Next, we will walk around Cusco’s city center where we will visit the Main Plaza and the Cathedral of Cusco before arriving at Q’oricancha.
- You can spend as much time as you like here. You will have the option to walk with us back to your hotel or you can have dinner on your own in the main plaza and return to your hotel.
Day 5: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY- CHINCHEROS- MORAY -SALT MINES
- Today we start exploring the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will travel in the opposite direction of a typical tour in order to avoid tons of tourists. We will start by visiting Chincheros (weaving community), then Moray & Maras salt mines. Along the way, we will stop for lunch in a local restaurant where we will eat traditional foods. We will also make a stop at a chicheria to learn the process of making Inca BEER.
- On our way back to Cusco, we will stop at several sites like Tambomachay, Puca Pucara, Q’enqo, and Sacsayhuaman.
- You can spend as much time as you like here enjoying panoramic views of Cusco. You will have the option to take our van back to your hotel or you can walk back to the main plaza where dinner will be on your own.
Day 6: PISAQ – ANCASMARCA- OLLANTAYTAMBO
- Your adventure begins with a morning exploration of the beautiful archaeological site of Pisaq. Enjoy a marvelous hike through authentic Inca steps from the ruins down to the town of Pisaq where you can check out the local market.
- Next, we will go to an off-the-beaten-path location called Ancasmarca. This archaeological site is not often visited by tourists so it allows for a unique experience.
- From here, we will travel to Urubamba where you will be greeted by the staff with a Pachamanca lunch – a traditional Peruvian meal cooked by hot stones in a natural, underground oven. After lunch, we will make a few more stops on our way to Ollantaytambo.
- Our tour will end with a visit to Ollantaytambo. This still-thriving Inca village sits below an ancient Inca fortress and temple with stunning views over the valley.
- We will sleep sleep in Ollanntaytambo.
Day 7: PATACANCHA- PUMAMARCA- AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast at your hotel, we will head out to Patacancha – a weaving community where we will talk to the locals and explore the large market.
From there, we will stop at the Inca site of Pumamarca before having lunch and returning to Ollantaytambo.
In the afternoon, we will take our train to Aguas Calientes at the base of Machu Picchu. You will have time to explore on your own before dinner. We will eat dinner together this night and prepare for the next day’s visit to Machu Picchu.
MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- Today is the big day! We will wake up early to catch the first bus to Machu Picchu.
- Enjoy a guided tour and prepare to be awed by the imposing and skillful architecture.
- After your guided tour, you will have the option to explore on your own or walk to the Inca Bridge, Sun Gate, or hike the famous Huayna Picchu Mountain (requires advanced ticket purchase – $30).
- When you are ready, head back down by bus to Aguas Calientes to meet up with your guide. Take the scenic train back to Ollantaytambo to meet the van for the ride back to Cusco.
CUSCO – LAKE TITICACA
- This day begins with a morning flight (or train) to Juliaca. Our team will pick you up from the airport for the 2 hour drive to Puno – the town on Lake Titicaca. Along your drive, we will stop at Sillustany – an Inca site for you to explore while stretching your legs.
- Once we arrive in Puno, we will check into your hotel and give you a brief tour of the city. Dinner will be on your own.
DAY 10: UROS ISLAND – TAQUILE ISLAND
- After breakfast, we will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the dock for a full day on the water.
- We will begin the boat tour with a visit to the floating islands of Uros. After chatting with the locals, we will get back on the boat and head to the island of Taquile for a traditional lunch.
- After lunch, we will do a walking tour of the island and explore at your leisure.
- We will have dinner and stay overnight on the island.
DAY 11: TAQUILLE – AMANTANI – PUNO
- After breakfast at the lodge we will board the boat for a ride to Amantani – the other major island on the Lake.
- Here you will have lunch with the locals and have time to walk around the island for views of both Peru and Bolivia.
- When you are done exploring, we will board the boat and ride back to Puno where dinner will be on your own.
LAKE TITICACA – LIMA
- After breakfast, we will take you to the Juliaca airport for your flight back to Lima.
- After checking into your hotel, we will take you on an evening tour of Lima’s downtown to purchase souvenirs and finish our day at the Magic Water Circuit.
Today we will pick you up from your hotel to explore the highlights in Lima. We will see:
- The Plaza Mayor and the changing of the guard at the Presidential Palace
- Waka Pucllana historical Inca site;
- Tour of the catacombs of San Francisco Convent;
- Archaeological Museum Larco;
- The Gold of Peru Museum;
We will take you back to your hotel where dinner will be on your own for your last night in Peru.
On this day, we say “hasta luego!” to our new friends and take you back to the airport for your flight home.
- All airport transfers
- Private transportation
- Domestic Airfare (Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Puno, Puno to Lima)
- Private, English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- All meals as specified in the itinerary (dietary preferences honored with proper notice)
- Hotel accommodations at a 3-Star hotel (double occupancy)
- Basic First Aid equipment
- International Airfare
- Some meals as specified in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Optional Huayna Picchu Climb (can be purchased IN ADVANCE for $30)
$2675 per person
Add optional Huayna Picchu Climb (must be purchased in ADVANCE) +$30
Add optional full-day train experience from Cusco to Lake Titicaca +$50 (NOTE: Train only leaves on certain days. Full itinerary dates may need to be adjusted to accommodate this option)