BEST OF PERU-
This full-service itinerary includes the biggest destinations in Peru – Lima, Cusco, and Lake Titicaca. The tour begins in Lima a visit to this famous capital. From there, we will travel south to Lake Titicaca for a visit to the floating islands of Uros before taking an unforgettable train (or bus) ride through the Andes on your way to Cusco. You will experience the best of Cusco by taking your choice of a 4 day hike through the Andes. After your trek, we will take you back to Lima for your journey home.
When you arrive, we will take you to your hotel where you will be on your own to explore or relax. We do not plan much for this day due to travel fatigue or delays. Get a good night’s rest before our adventure begins in the morning!
LIMA- LAKE TITICACA
Your expedition begins with a morning flight to Juliaca. Our team will pick you up from the airport for the 2 hour drive toPuno – the town on Lake Titicaca. Along your drive, we will stop at Sillustany – an Inca site for you to explore while stretching your legs.
Once we arrive in Puno, we will check into your hotel and give you a brief tour of the city. Dinner will be on your own.
UROS ISLAND – TAQUILE ISLAND
- After breakfast, we will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the dock for a full day on the water.
- We will begin the boat tour with a visit to the floating islands of Uros. After chatting with the locals, we will get back on the boat and head to the island of Taquile for a traditional lunch.
- After lunch, we will do a walking tour of the island and explore at your leisure before boarding the boat back to Puno.
- We will take the boat back to Puno to drop you off at your hotel and dinner will be on your own.
TRAIN OR BUS RIDE TO CUSCO
Today you will have the option to take an 8 hour bus or train to Cusco.
Bus: The bus to Cusco is a luxury bus service with comfortable seating and several stops along the way to purchase snacks and explore off-the-beaten-path Inca sites.
Train: This luxury train ride has comfortable seating and includes snacks, meals, and non-alcoholic beverages. Local performers are also on board to provide entertainment in the form of traditional dances and fashion shows. The caboose is open air so you can stand or sit with totally open views of this breathtaking journey through the mountains. *NOTE: The train only leaves on certain days. If you would like to take the train, we will need to plan the rest of the itinerary accordingly.*
No matter which option you choose, our team will be waiting at the station to pick you up and take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- After breakfast at your hotel, we will take you on a tour of the city of Cusco where you will see the Plaza de Armas, the Qoricancha Temple of the Sun, and the San Pedro market.
- After lunch, we will take a short car ride to the ruins of Sacsayhuaman. After a short walking tour, you will be free to explore the ruins and expansive views of Cusco at your leisure. Once you are finished, you will be able to walk or ride back to the main plaza where dinner will be on your own.
Depending on the travel arrangements you made before the trip, during the next 4 days you’ll be doing one of the following expeditions: Inca Trail, Lares Trek, Inca Quarry or Choquequirao.
While you are away from Cusco, your luggage will be stored at your hotel until you return from your expedition. If you’re hiking one of these treks, the evening before you leave Cusco you’ll receive a small duffle bag to carry your clothes in for the next 4 days (7 kg/15lb maximum). Please only travel with the necessary items during the expedition.
Our team will carry these bags for you, together with the food and equipment. Please note that you won’t have access to these items until the end of each day, as the team will always be ahead of the group.
Over these next 4 days, you will be completing one of the following treks:
- Inca trail (AVAILABLE FOR 2019 ONLY)
- Lares trek
- Inca quarry trek
- Choquequirao – (NOTE: This trek does not include Machu Picchu)
- Rainbow Mountain – (NOTE: This trek does not include Machu Picchu)
At the end of the 4th day, we will return to the hotel in Cusco for a well deserved rest.
After your exhausting Machu Picchu journey today is the day to do what ever you want!
This morning we will take you to the Cusco airport for your flight to Lima.
After checking into your hotel, we will take a city tour of Lima’s highlights including an evening tour of the Magic Water Circuit – Lima’s famous water fountain park.
On this day, we say “hasta luego!” to our new friends and take you back to the airport for your flight home.
- All airport transfers.
- Private transportation
- Private, English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Drop off at Cusco airport
- All meals as specified in the itinerary (dietary preferences honored with proper notice)
- Hotel accommodations at a 3-Star hotel
- Bus ticket from Puno to Cusco (can be upgraded to a train ticket for $100 more)
- Round-trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Tent (Double occupancy. Single occupancy available for additional charge)
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping mat
- One Walking Stick per person
- Duffel bags to be carried by porters (up to 15pounds/7kilos per person)
- Clean water at every meal stop
- Basic First Aid equipment
- International Airfare
- Some dinners as specified in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Optional Huayna Picchu Climb (can be purchased IN ADVANCE for an additional fee)
PRICE (per person):
Full itinerary with:
- Inca trail (AVAILABLE FOR 2019 ONLY) – $2100 (add Huayna Picchu Climb +$65)
- Lares trek – $2000 (add Huayna Picchu Climb +$30)
- Inca quarry trek – $2000 (add Huayna Picchu Climb +$30)
- Choquequirao – $1925 (NOTE: This trek does not include Machu Picchu. Add a one-day round trip to Machu Picchu on Day 10 +$250)
- Rainbow Mountain – $1875 (NOTE: This trek does not include Machu Picchu. Add a one-day round trip to Machu Picchu on Day 10 +$250)